Thursday, March 30, 2017

20170330 Andrew Geddes MTC letter - Love of God

From: Andrew Geddes
Date: Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Subject: Elder jidus

This week has been good. We pretty much do the same kinds of things everyday. Here are some things that I learned this week.

I was thinking this week, everything in the gospel and in life is done out of love. God prepared a plan for us because he loves us and wants us to return back to Him. Christ died because he loves us. The first and second greatest commandments are that we love. We follow the commandments because we love God. Jesus asked Peter do you love my three times. Missionary work is an act of love for our fellow men. Charity, the pure love of Christ never fails. It says love in the scriptures 1580 times. 

Prayer is so important. "As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Heavenly Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive." The Lord’s attitude in prayer is recorded only once. In the Garden of Gethsemane He knelt (Luke 22:41), fell on His face (Matt. 26:39), and fell on the ground (Mark14:35) Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

Nephi failed two times before he was able to get the plates. In so doing, he was able to learn how to listen to the voice of the spirit. It's okay to fail as long at we continue to keep trying. 

"Every good thing that has happened to me is because of the mission." -Holland MTC Devotional January 11, 2011 This makes me excited to see how the mission will bless me throughout my life.

1Nephi17:53 This is proof the Nephi had the force. 

Exodus 4:10-12
10 And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?
12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

I found this scripture this week and as I've been struggling with the the language. I've been praying like Moses did, I am slow of speech and slow of tongue, but I need to have more faith in the Lord because this is his work and he will bless his servants. 

I'm leaving the CCM to my mission at 3:30am. I was assigned to be travel leader, so I'm in charge of the 8 missionaries that are going to Monterrey. Because I'm the travel leader I have to be a Reception at 2:30am and make sure everyone else gets there by 3am. We are taking a bus to the airport. I don't actually know what time the plane leaves.

Elder Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...