Thursday, March 9, 2017

20170309 Andrew Geddes MTC letter

From: Andrew Geddes 
Date: Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM
Subject: Elder Geddes



Mexico is good. It's really hot but it's really pretty inside the CCM. The natives tell me that Monterrey is like the second hottest place in Mexico so that's fun :) The CCM is hard work. The language is really hard. I've learned more now then I ever did in school. I'm pretty much always tired. We wake up at 6:30 every morning and go to bed at 10:30 every night. In between we are always doing something. I wish I could take a nap during the day. They gave us a lesson on managing stress this week. I think I leave for Monterrey on April 3rd. The CCM has been difficult but I have definitely grown spiritually. I'm trying to work on being patient and to develop charity towards others. There are a lot of disobedient missionaries but I'm trying not to judge because I'm no were near perfect. We have been having a problem with disobedience in our district. There has been a visible division in our district. Elder Sanders, his companion Elder Davis, Elder Potter and his companion Elder Szendre aren't always obedient. We are trying to help them because they have so much potential to be great missionaries. Their actions also distract others because they are so loud. Sunday was fast Sunday (only 23 more fast Sunday's left) I fasted for 24 hours. The meetings on Sunday were really spiritual. I cried during sacrament meeting. After sacrament meeting we had our own testimony meeting as a district. We all shared our testimonies. I started to cry when I shared mine. I bore testimony of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong and it brought our district closer together. We taught in TRC yesterday where you teach members, less active members, or possible investigators. That was hard because they couldn't always understand our broken Spanish but it was still good. My companion is the best at Spanish at the district. Every so often he'll nudge me be like, "say something" or "bare your testimony". My Spanish is really bad haha. I still don't understand what people are saying a lot of the time. Me and my get companion get along well we both want to be obedient. He reminds me of Rod from Hot Rod. We get gym time most days from 2:55- 3:45 we both like to play basketball and if we don't feel like sweating then we'll play ping pong. He's pretty good but I'm better haha. He's from Washington state. I got your packages but why are you sending me chips and salsa? I'm in Mexico haha. Even though the food gives us diarrhea, they feed us pretty well. I gave pretty much all of my food away. You should send me gum or mints or diarrhea pills haha. Yesterday I went poop 8 times. I can pretty much roll my R's now. Yes I did my laundry last Pday and I'm doing it again today. We are going to the temple today. I'm getting my hair cut today hopefully that goes well.
When President Nielsen taught us on our first night here he said, "The Lord uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible." If we humble ourselves God will shape us to who he wants us to be and then we can do the impossible.

Elder Geddes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...