Friday, March 17, 2017

20170317 Andrew Geddes MTC letter

From: Andrew Geddes 
Date: Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM
Subject: Elder Geddes


This week we taught a fake investigator named Monica who has two kids. We were talking to her and found out that she was pregnant and that her boyfriend was engaged to someone else and she was thinking about abortion. I had a whole written down on the plan of salvation. My companion began to talk to her for a little bit and then it was my turn to teach. I put away my little cheat sheet that I had prepared and just spoke what I felt that I should say. In broken Spanish I bore my testimony on prayer. I said something like, if you pray, you will feel peace and God's love for you. I don't remember exactly but I remember after that I said, Yo se (I know). After saying those simple words, the spirit was so strong in the room. I've realized that yes it's important to learn Spanish but it's even more important to learn the language of the spirit.

Thursday we taught Monica again. We both felt like we needed to talk to her about how abortion was a sin. It was a really hard topic. We got in there and began talking to her. We followed up on our commitments to her and began talking to her. I don't remember everything that we shared because the spirit was definitely speaking through us. We shared Alma 39:5-6 which basically says that it's an unpardonable sin. We asked her some probing questions and we both shared our testimonies. The spirit was so strong that she started to cry. The spirit definitely testified that what we were saying was true. We had her say the prayer at the end and in it she said that she was thankful that the missionaries had the courage to be bold and teach through the spirit. Later that night she talked to us about it (she is one of our instructors) and said, that was the the best lesson that she has heard. It was a really cool experience.

It doesn't matter what I eat. The food here doesn't like anyone. It's been pretty bad recently so my companion had me go to the doctor and he gave me some pills and put me on the BRAT diet. So I can only eat Bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast until my bowel calms down. They had Costco pizza on Tuesday night and that was a real bummer seeing it and smelling it but not being able to eat it. It has definitely helped though but I'm sick of eating the same food every meal.

We were talking about tithing in one of the devotionals and and I thought to myself 10% of 20(years) is 2. Mind blown. I'm paying tithing on my life lol.

We are busy all day every day. There is never enough time to all that you want in a day. For example on Wednesday:
6:30-7:15 Wake up and get ready 
7:15-7:45 Breakfast
7:45-8:45 Personal Study
8:45-10:15 Fundamentals: revelation through the Book of Mormon
10:15-10:30 Prepare to teach
10:30-11:30 Teach Progressive Investigator 
The MTC President asked me and my companion to talk to the new set of missionaries that came in at 10:45. He liked what we said and asked us to do it again next week too.
11:30-11:45 Review teach plan for TRC
11:45-12:15 Prepare: Study and create summary of lesson 4 The Commandments
12:15-1 Lunch
1:15-2:15 Transition
1:15-2:15 TALL Lab (learn Spanish on the computer)
2:15-2:45 Daily Planning
2:55-3:45 Gym time (we play ping pong or basketball)
3:45-4:15 Prepare
4:15-5:15 Study
5:15-6 Dinner
6-7:15 TRC (we teach members, inactive members, or possibly real investigators)
7:15-8 Language 
8-8:30 Book of Mormon (Someone picks a chapter in the Book of Mormon and leads a discussion on it. I did it on Tuesday on Moroni 10)
8:30-9 Seeking the gift of tongues 
9-10:30 We get ready for bed, talk about the day and the needs of our zone, say companionship prayer, write in our journals

I've been reading my patriarchal a lot. There are some amazing blessing in there. I made a goal to read it once a day.

I can't find my cologne, I've looked through everything and I can't find it. My camera runs on batteries remember. I don't have a camera cord to plug it into the computer though.


Elder Geddes







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...