Thursday, March 23, 2017

20170323 Andrew Geddes MTC letter - Christ walked so utterly alone that we don't have to.

From: Andrew Geddes 
Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Subject: Elder Geddes


This week was good. Here's something that happened to me and some things that I've learned this week:

On Saturday we taught Pablo about the Word of Wisdom. It was our first time teaching the Word of Wisdom to someone. We read 1Corinthians 3:16-17 and asked him questions and talked to him about it. We read some verses from DyC 89 and had him read the blessing he would receive if he kept this commandment. We tried committing him to keep the Word of Wisdom and he said that that's hard and wouldn't commit. I bore my testimony that I have seen the blessings from DyC89:18-21 in my life and that he will receive them if he kept these commandments. My companion started to bear his testimony and was asking him if he would pray about it when I was prompted to say something. I gave him a little nudge and he stopped talking. I said something like, Pablo, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ, and exercise faith to God by keeping the commandments in the Word of Wisdom? The spirit was really strong and he committed. It was cool because he wouldn't have committed if I hadn't listened to the spirit. He said he was going to a fiesta that night at the beginning of the lesson so if I didn't say anything he would have definitely still drunken alcohol that night. I've noticed that the spirit has wanted me to speak boldly to our investors recently.

Difficult days are ahead. Rarely in the future will it be easy or popular to be a faithful Latter-day Saint. Each of us will be tested. The Apostle Paul warned that in the latter days, those who diligently follow the Lord "shall suffer persecution." That very persecution can either crush you into silent weakness or motivate you to be more exemplary and courageous in your daily lives. 

How you deal with life's trials is pat of the development of your faith. Strength comes when you remember that you have a divine nature, an inheritance of infinite worth...As you walk in the Lord's path of righteousness, you will be blessed to continue in His goodness and be a light and a savior unto His people.  -Russel M. Nelson 

If you argue for your weaknesses they become your weakness. 

When bad thoughts come into your head they're not yours, there're the devil's. So don't get mad at yourself for being tempted. Put the blame where it belongs; blame the devil.

The devil only has power over us if we let him. In Moses all he had to say was In the name of the Only Begotten, depart hence Satan and Satan had to leave and in the temple we see that same thing. His power is nothing compared to the power of God.

Even the devil knows that the gospel is true. He wouldn't try so hard if he didn't know it was true. 

Christ walked so utterly alone that we don't have to.

Bingham Young said after this life, the thing that will surprise you the most is how familiar Heavenly Father's face is. 

Do you know where the cologne was put? Thank you for the packages. I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Pepper though. My bowel is doing fine. The Spanish isn't the best but I'll learn. I think I leave on April 3rd. I don't know what time. Please stop telling me not to call Morgan. I don't need to be told from you guys to follow the rules I'll do that myself. I'm not bragging but me and my companion are probably the most obedient missionaries here.
Love,

Elder Geddes





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...