Monday, September 18, 2017

20170918 -- Elder Geddes in the mission - I hope he ends up getting baptized.

This week we confirmed Gabriela. It was ward conference on Sunday. The stake president spoke and gave a lesson. He's super smart. He talked about the gospel of Christ: Faith, Repentance, Baptism. The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End but he explained it super cool. There were a bunch of police outside of the church because someone was stabbed to death. The gangs aren't going to do anything to us because we've made friends with them. Actually they had an activity in the church for independence day and the youth were chasing me because they wanted to paint me with Mexican colors because I'm American when too gang members started throwing rocks at them to protect me and then told me after if there are any problems to tell them and they'll take care of it. On Tuesday we have transfers and I'm going to Cumbres in the zone Mitras which is the richest zone in the mission. I'm excited for the change but everyone is telling me that my new companion is really disobedient. I don't know why president is putting me with hard companions but I'm going to be senor companion. This is Orbelin the Jehovah's witness that we've been teaching. I hope he ends up getting baptized. My companion made the tie that I'm wearing. Isaiah55:8-9 God's ways a lot of times aren't the same as ours. As we summit ourselves more to the will of God he blesses us like a father does with his children when they do what he asks. Go to church, read the scriptures, and pray everyday. Strive to make changes to become more like our perfect father because that's the purpose of life! Love, Elder Geddes. Éxito!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...