Monday, September 11, 2017

20170911 -- Elder Geddes in the mission - baptized Gabriela:)

This week we baptised Gabriela:))))))))))))))) It's kind of a lame story though. The bishop hasn't suported us in any of our baptisms but this one we commited him to go. Also we had a member do the ordinance to try to get them more involved in missionary work. So we planned to baptise her on Sunday after church. So the members that said they would go all went in there cars but we had to wait for a bus. We had to wait 30 for a bus and then the bishop called us and told us that they have everything that they need to do the baptism and that they are going to start without us. And then he said something that really made me angry, No se preocupe, les mando fotos dispues. Don't worry about it, I'll send you pictures after. And then went ahead and started without us. We arived right before they did the ordinance when they were already in the water. I was really upset because, I don't know, I felt like we did all the work and that this is our baptism. And even more our mission president wanted to come to the baptism but he wouldn't wait. We have some other cool investigators that went to church for the first time, Hector and Giermo. We had interviews with president this week and he basically said that I'm going to change areas. Later he talked to my companion and said that he is going to have a different companion. My companion is going to have his operation after this next change. I'll know next week where I'm going. It rained this week and it's been a little bit cooler. A LITTLE BIT. I took some pictures of how our area is. I don't like to take out my camera because my area is poor and I don't want to get robbed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...