Monday, August 14, 2017

20170814 -- Elder Geddes in the mission - no air conditioning

So we payed 4 months rent in advance so that the owners of the house could put in a cooler but it doesnt work it just blows air but it doesnt cool it. I already knew that this was going to happen because they are super selfish and just wanted the cooler in the house because the contract with the church ends in November. My companion is super mad and calls them like five times a day but we think they blocked our number because it just goes straight to voicemail. We have called a bunch of people and the cheapest that they can fix it is 800 pesos. We visited a less active named Hermana Leonor. She suffers from depession. She doesnt want to go to church anymore because she doesnt like a member. She said that she knows the church is true but she is going to another church. I set up an appointment for her to talk to the branch president but I dont think she went because she wasnt at church. It makes me sad. Carlos is now living with his father who drinks. Satan really worked on him. We only had Teresa in the church. I did divisions with a missionary that says that the whole mission is slow. Hes from Arizona. He spent the whole time complaining. I tried to speak english with him but it was really hard. We taught Orbelin. My companion and I bore strong testimony that the book of Mormon was true. He was reading it but not with good intentions and he hasnt prayed to know if it is true. His bible that he always uses is the new world translation of the sacred scriptures, its the uncomplete bible of the Testigos de Jehovah. The niece of Lucero wants to get baptised but her mom wont let her. We went and did service by pulling weeds for her. I used a big machete. Mom wouldnt aprove haha. We have an appointment with her tomorrow. There isnt much else new. We are going to the temple on Wednesday. It's really hot. Its gross becuase the armpit of all of my shirts are ruined because I sweat so much. I get headaches sometimes from the heat but im okay dont worry about my health. Just enjoy your air conditioned home and your normal food that doesnt give you diarhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...