Monday, August 28, 2017

20170828 -- Elder Geddes in the mission - Service is super fun...

Nothing out of the ordinary happened this week. My companion has to get surgery on his nose but we still don't know if they are going to do it in the mission or if he'll be sent home to get it done. He's been really down since he found out he might be sent home. It's really hard having a companion all the time. Of all the difficulties of the mission so far the hardest thing for me is having a companion. I can take the heat and the walking and the rejection, and the sleepiness, but dang it's hard to have a companion. He wastes all of his money and then doesn't have money for things that he needs but I do feel bad when I have money for food and he doesn't and so I end up buying for him. I do whatever I can to avoid conflict. I read my patriarchal blessing again. Honestly it scares me a little bit. Also it says my mission will be hard. I'm loving the mission though. I wish more people would except the gospel. One thing that I love to do is to serve others. Service is super fun and just helps everyone out. Jesus spent his whole life serving and helping others. If you want to learn how to become more like Christ go do some genuine service for someone else! You'll be happy and so will they:) This week if all goes well we'll finally baptize Teresa. We see a lot of dead dogs. They kill them in all sorts of ways. But this one smelt really bad so I took a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...