Monday, June 5, 2017

20170605 Elder Geddes in the mission field - study of Celestial Kingdom

The week was kind of crazy. We ran into two gangs one on Friday named Pelones and one on Sunday named Los Beybis Locos. We were just walking down the street and there were a bunch of men taking turns shaving there head, some of them were visibly drunk. They asked us if we wanted our heads shaved. I didn't understand everything that was going on. They said that they wanted to take my eyes and do a transplant haha. They were like we've got a knife we can do it right now. The other gang were all really high haha and everything that we said to them was funny. They also wanted my eyes. There was also 2 other people this week that called my eyes hermoso. We have have people that we are teaching but we cant get anyone to go to church. Its a little frustrating but people have their agency.


This week I had some questions about the Celestial Kingdom and so I took some time to study it and wow God's Plan is so cool. If we could just remember the Plan of Salvation all the time we would always make the correct decisions and do the things that we need to do to get there. Only in the highest part of the Celestial Kingdom are we able to progress to become like God. If we go to any of the other kingdoms there is no progressing. I want to live my life in a way that will take me to the Celestial Kingdom. I was talking to my companion about and I was like I'm freaking in it to win it! Read your scriptures, say your prayers, keep the sabbath day holy, keep the commandments so that we can live with God and have all the blessings that are possible.

Love Elder Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

20170710 Elder Geddes in the mission field - Baptized Lucero!

This week I got to baptize Lucero!!!!!!! I contacted her on the street about a month ago and now she's baptized!! It was amazing. Its r...